BEST BOOKS FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS

I got a book a while ago at Border's by Tom Ang called Digital Photography Masterclass. Pretty good book for beginners and enlightened me a little bit on some Photoshopping techniques.

I have a book called Photography Outdoors: A Field Guide for Travel and Adventure Photographers, second edition. It's by Mark Gardner and Art Wolfe.

It's geared for beginners and experienced photographers alike. It focuses on getting the most out of what you have, whether it's a point-and-shoot or SLR, etc. It talks about everything--too much to go into in this post.

I'm actually reading through it a second time right now.

Here's a link to it on amazon.com:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Photography-Outdoors-Travel-Adventure-Photographers/dp/0898868882/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220502165&sr=8-1[/ame]

good thing you posted this forum up. it helped me out too

Going to pickup The Photographer's Eye soon.
Thanks for the links guys.

Well here are a few:

1) Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
a very good book and often refrenced as a good place to start reading.

2) The Digital Photography book vols 1 and 2 by Scott Kelby
a pair of books that give simple info and tips on doing photography with a specific focus on digital. Note that the first book (not read the second, but its similar in theme) is not indepth and won't nessessarily explain all the details, but will give you good pointers to how to shoot - good place ot start

3) Langford's Basic Photography: The guide for serious photographers 8th edition

4) Langford's Advanced Photography 7th edition
Both of these are good books for people wishing to further their skills and understandings in photography

+1 For Understanding Exposure. Just finished reading and is a excelent book for new photographers like myself!

Did you special order, or was this on the shelf somewhere? I think I want this book next.

I picked it up from one of the used dealers on Amazon. I got great service but don't want to spam, so PM me if you would like a link to her store.
A link isn't spam because people have the choice of clicking the link or not.

Amazon.com: Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color & Composition in Photography (Updated Edition) (9780817441814): Bryan Peterson: Books

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here are two useful books I have in pdf format. The first is "The Art of RAW Conversion" telling about RAW basics, leading RAW converters, and how to get optimal quality when processing RAW files: Deposit Files

The second is "Master of lighting technology - Portrait" by Christopher Grey, it's about how to set up light for portraits of people: Deposit Files

Just purchased The Photographer's Market Guide to Building Your Photography Business and it's a great book that has a lot of helpful information about how to approach copyright violation, networking with other photographers, pricing, and even tips from photographers. I'd suggest this book for anyone looking to make a business out of it!

Most reactions

Back