Best laid plans.

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rented the nikon lens for Snowy owls and pictures of my kid in the woods. No snowy owls and it's -20 outside. So stuck him out on the back deck and grabbed some anyway. I normally shoot wildlife NOT people but I'm pretty happy with this. Suggestions and help always welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_2199.jpg
    DSC_2199.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_2209.jpg
    DSC_2209.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_2221.jpg
    DSC_2221.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 106
The first one looks a little soft on the eyes?

I think a nice high contrast BW would look good here.

But the DOF and bokeh look good.

I prefer #1. His expressions in the next two he won't be proud of in a few years! ;)

The first one looks a little soft on the eyes?

I think a nice high contrast BW would look good here.

But the DOF and bokeh look good.

I have no idea how to do high contrast BW. Off to learn! I'll check the eyes on it too. Thank you!

I prefer #1. His expressions in the next two he won't be proud of in a few years! ;)

LOL The second one is "his face". It's the look he always gives me. I much prefer when he's smiling. But after a five hour plane ride, a three hour time difference and apparently copious amounts of alcohol last night, he wasn't very smiley today.

Barb, Just an aside, but you might consider looking into this. Set your exposure for the ambient background light, in this case I would underexpose a full stop. Then use your flash to expose the face. Old technique and widely used, but quite effective in some situations. Anywho a fun/nice new tool for you. ;)

Barb, Just an aside, but you might consider looking into this. Set your exposure for the ambient background light, in this case I would underexpose a full stop. Then use your flash to expose the face. Old technique and widely used, but quite effective in some situations. Anywho a fun/nice new tool for you. ;)

The lens goes back tomorrow. :( But I will try out what you suggested. Thank you!

Most reactions

Back