Best way to sync raw files with jpeg keepers

If I had the camera with two cards I would do raw in one and jpg in the other for casual shooting. I just wouldn't use the jpg unless I needed something up front prior to post-processing.
If I was shooting a wedding or other non-repeatable event then both would be raw and one would go into storage until I was finished with post-processing. It could then be formatted and retuned to the rotation.
I would only use the XQD, using the SD limits your shooting to the lowest common denominator which is the SD and then what's the point of have a much more capable storage like XQD anyways?

Thank-you both for sharing your thoughts.
For my situation I think I will start off writing RAWs to the XQD card and JPEGs to the SD card.
I will use the suggestions kindly provided throughout the thread to adjust my workflow to suit shooting to both cards - I like the thought of a backup.
I will then see how the workflow pans out to see if I continue with it ... or , with experience, modify it to best suit my situation.

I am very appreciate the contributions made by so many - forums can sometimes descend into chaotic and adversarial "banter", but I am very grateful for people giving up their time to make an effort to help me.

Sorry: Xplorer2 and not Xporer2.
Also, I am interested in the D500 and I have thought my workflow will be RAW to XQD and small JPG to SD. Reason is that there is a strong demand to provide photos during events and if Snapbridge to the phone work good then I would send out JPG photos that way.
However, I plan to keep my normal RAW workflow that is based around LR and I'll just add a tag to cross-reference the JPG files that were sent out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back