TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trail of 100 Giants, Sequoia National Forest

107778657-O.jpg

that path is really cool... well composed woody :thumbup: those big trees look great too.... hey i was wondering the other day, what would happen if you took an IR image through an IR converted camera WITH the hoya IR filter attached :confused: .... have you ever tried it?!!

Thank you both.

I haven't tried it Arch...but I thought about it :) I've only got one Hoya IR and it's for my 50mm. I'm almost always shooting wide with the IR. If I think about the next time I'm out, I'll put it on.

I thought about it wondering if I could still get some cloud movement, but not have to worry about the long exposures. It would be a trial and error thing for sure.

brilliant shot woods, your composition is perfect, works well in IR. :thumbup:

Wow, that's a very nice pic. Well done.

Would a ND filter work with the IR camera to give you longer exposures I wonder?

well done great comp

Thanks everyone.

Jim, I'm sure an ND filter would work the same. I just don't have one :p
For what I'm wanting, I think would need at least one ND8?

Nice shot. I've wondered what that looked like up there- Need to go some time.

:hail: love it

Thanks all :)

Nice shot. I've wondered what that looked like up there- Need to go some time.
You should put it on your 'to-do' list this spring. In this particular grove, you can actually go up and touch the trees, they're not fenced off. The whole drive up there is very pretty landscape.

And take a super wide angle! Some of these trees are so big, that I've done vertical pano's with them at 17mm :) ....I'll post one so you can see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back