Big Horn Rodeo Portraits

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some portraits at the Big Horn (LGBT) Rodeo in Las Vegas, NV.

1. Anyonka Virgon as Sailor Venus
DSC09716.jpg

2. Anetra
DSC09699-Edit.jpg

3. Greg Begay, All-Around Cowboy 2016
DSC00098.jpg

4. Carla and Fritz
DSC00286.jpg

5. Breana Knight: Denver, Vegas, and Hamptom 2018 Steer Riding Champion
DSC00625.jpg

6. Buck Beal, Public Relations Director
DSC00769.jpg

7. Mike Lentz, Judge
DSC00775.jpg

8. One of the Sin Sity Sisters (of Perpetual Indulgence)
DSC09935.jpg

DSC09944.jpg

Nice variety, well done

Cool set.

I got to see the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence In San Francisco many years ago.

In my honest opinion, and with absolutely no disrespect intended toward either gender, I believe your photo of Ms. Knight ( #5 ) is as good a representation of a "cowboy" as one could hope to achieve.

Cool set.

I got to see the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence In San Francisco many years ago.

Yeah they're really fun. They do a lot of charity work.

In my honest opinion, and with absolutely no disrespect intended toward either gender, I believe your photo of Ms. Knight ( #5 ) is as good a representation of a "cowboy" as one could hope to achieve.

Thank you. Yeah, she's pretty great. Interesting enough, she's a musician in her day job, playing the trombone.

Really great set, particularly I think #5 stands out as an amazing portrait, although for such a close in shot I personally think a narrower aperture setting could have take the shot from an 8 to a 10 by not throwing as much of the face out of focus.

Wonderful set, great shooting. Yep, #5 is captivating.

I'm most intrigued by #9, though. What an interesting and unique choice of self expression, and so engaged to the camera.

Cool set.

Yeah they're really fun. They do a lot of charity work.
We have a similar group in Dayton called the Rubi Girls. They do a lot of fund raising for various organisations.

I saw the Sisters at the SF Pride parade in 83 or 84. They did almost 2 hours on AIDS. Something that a lot of people hadn't even heard of yet.

Really great set, particularly I think #5 stands out as an amazing portrait, although for such a close in shot I personally think a narrower aperture setting could have take the shot from an 8 to a 10 by not throwing as much of the face out of focus.

Yeah I wanted to get a larger variety of shots of her but there was a very high profile photographer there shooting and it was stressing me out so I tried to get the shots as quickly as possible. It would look better with deeper DOF.

I got some shots farther back, which I actually might prefer, but I caught her mid blink in all of them. C'est la vie lol

Wonderful set, great shooting. Yep, #5 is captivating.

I'm most intrigued by #9, though. What an interesting and unique choice of self expression, and so engaged to the camera.

Thank you.

I noticed that as well. I was kind of wondering if maybe he's an actor of some sort since I didn't really give him any direction for posing or expression.

Yeah I wanted to get a larger variety of shots of her but there was a very high profile photographer there shooting and it was stressing me out so I tried to get the shots as quickly as possible. It would look better with deeper DOF.

I got some shots farther back, which I actually might prefer, but I caught her mid blink in all of them. C'est la vie lol
Regardless, it's a beautiful portrait that I could easily see on a magazine cover. I hope you're planning to submit these somewhere, because they shouldn't just live on the internet.

Great Set...I really like 6, 8, & 9 cannot decide which I like most!

Regardless, it's a beautiful portrait that I could easily see on a magazine cover. I hope you're planning to submit these somewhere, because they shouldn't just live on the internet.

Heh, I would but I'm not sure what publication would take them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back