Big Ice

lambertpix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The cold, snowy weather around here has been good for one thing -- making ice:

IMG_2790.jpg by lambertpix, on Flickr

I tried to catch some people in that shot for scale. That's Ash Cave in the Hocking Hills area. Here's a spot at Old Man's Cave where icicles formed a room behind a wall of ice:

IMG_3019_HDR.jpg by lambertpix, on Flickr

Cedar Falls was nice, too:

IMG_2201.jpg by lambertpix, on Flickr

I don't like the composition on #1. Seems a little cluttery, maybe it's the people?
#2 is pretty epic. No complaints at all! Nice!
#3 is good composition and exposure and everything, less exciting content than the first two.

I like the people in #1 - they really set the scale.

Love #1 with the people. Excellent for scale.

Really liking the textures in #2. Not sold on #3. Not enough holding my interest.

#1 is awesome! Especially with the people in it. Very nice!!!

I love the first two. Keep the people in the first for scale because without them it just becomes a chunk of ice.

Thanks, all. I read an article recently about including people in landscapes to help with scale, and it came back to me on Saturday -- the rock formation alone is quite a bit larger than you might think looking at a photo, and the ice is really startlingly large. Of course, I made a point to capture it both ways, just in case!

Sounds like #3 is a consensus also-ran. I've got some other views of that falls -- I'll go back and see if any of them pop out at me. It's a very pretty scene, but somewhat hard to capture in a still photo.

Most reactions

Back