TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
boatsun.jpg

Oooo, I like!
Where were you to take this one. Out fishing yourself?

Thanks Lafoto. I was standing on shore. This is an oyster dredging boat working an oyster reef that is about an eigth of a mile off the coast. I had to scope out my spot for a few days to figure out the exact spot I needed to be.

Very cool. I don't understand though how you can expose for the sun and the boat at the same time?

My only gripe with the photo is that the sun looks slightly off-round, but this may just be an illusion.

great capture. What camera and lens was used?

Very cool. I don't understand though how you can expose for the sun and the boat at the same time?

My only gripe with the photo is that the sun looks slightly off-round, but this may just be an illusion.

As far as the sun not being round, that is an illusion that occurs just as it breaks the horizon. Very cool I think. With the exposure, It depends on the atmosphere, if there is alot of moisture in the air, sometimes the sun will break the horizon with very muted light, like it did here. In this case it is possible to expose for both sun and subject. Most of the time, it is very bright and you end up with something like this:

4273065404_c829bcd348.jpg

Most reactions

Back