Bird & The Blossoms

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I was out taking pictures of some apple blossoms on my property and while I was shooting, a bird landed in the tree!

Nikon D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR @ f/5.6, 1/500 & ISO 125

Erwin-170517-9450-2.jpg

Nice shot, love the inner framing of the frame. Good eye, well done.

I thought it was a decent shot anyways. I don't have any control where the birds will land nor do I have a super tele lens to get real close.

I'm surprised how little likes and favorites it received on social media. I figured something like this would be right up their alley! I guess not lol.

I guess they like post-nuclear HDR images more...

I may be wrong here but it's my opinion - I think the background right behind the bird is light (so is the bird), so the bird is not standing out.

I get that we have no control over where animals and birds decide to halt... but to make it better, a closer crop may take our eyes directly to the bird? - just a thought

I may be wrong here but it's my opinion - I think the background right behind the bird is light (so is the bird), so the bird is not standing out.

I get that we have no control over where animals and birds decide to halt... but to make it better, a closer crop may take our eyes directly to the bird? - just a thought

I would agree, but I've already cropped a lot. It would be a very low resolution. Not much I can do! Just didn't have the extra focal length.

Nice photo.

I agree with Inklingforsake that the bird doesn't stand out quite enough - right now I see a photo of apple blossoms that happens to have a bird in it. If it wasn't for ZSJr I wouldn't know what it was.

Sounds like you have cropped as much as you are comfortable with. Your 70-200 is a very sharp lens - have you given any consideration to a 1.4TC for times you want to chase birds?

Nice photo.

I agree with Inklingforsake that the bird doesn't stand out quite enough - right now I see a photo of apple blossoms that happens to have a bird in it. If it wasn't for ZSJr I wouldn't know what it was.

Sounds like you have cropped as much as you are comfortable with. Your 70-200 is a very sharp lens - have you given any consideration to a 1.4TC for times you want to chase birds?

I have, but it probably wouldn't have made any difference because I wasn't taking pictures of birds but the blossoms rather and a bird just happened to land while I was shooting.

I know a 70-200 isn't much of a wildlife lens, I just can't really justify spending more money right now to get a longer tele that would sit in a bag weeks at a time so maybe getting a 1.4x or 1.7x TCs would be better than a say a 200-500 5.6, though, I'd love to own one!!

Thought I'd share this for giggles.

lightroombirdcrop.PNG

View attachment 140180

I really think you may want to try reducing the crop to include much more of the apple blossoms and leave the bird as something that just happens to be there, rather than being the subject of the photo. Might not work, but then it might...

View attachment 140180

I really think you may want to try reducing the crop to include much more of the apple blossoms and leave the bird as something that just happens to be there, rather than being the subject of the photo. Might not work, but then it might...

I've tried it both ways and coulden't decide haha.

I'm just not sure. I liked my heavier cropped version better, it not cluttered as much. I find this one a bit too distracting for me.

Erwin-170517-9450.jpg

Most reactions

Back