Birding in Skeppsbron

linkahwai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On the way back from national park, I stopped by Skeppsbron for some picture of gull. It was a bit disappointed that the railed area where the gulls were perching in winter time is now opened for people, as a result, I didn't spot a single herring gull there. Only a few black-headed gull perching on the railing at the other site, and some wildfowl in the river. The spring moulting of black-headed gulls seem to be completed, the head plumage is now in black color. On the way to bus station, I passed by Stockholm Strom and I also notice that the number of wildfowl here are significantly decrease, in comparison to winter time. Perhaps the ice was melted in other part of river and the birds were spread to other area.

I spotted 1 mute swan in Skeppsbron and 2 mute swans in Stockholm Strom were ringed. The observations were submitted to Bird Ringing Centre at Swedish Museum of Natural History. It is interesting to find out the life history of these birds.

For full detail, check out my blog post: Kah Wai Birding Blog: Skeppsbron, 20-3-2011

1. Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)
5543013077_66c4f4a87a_z.jpg

2. Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
5543593056_d832bec6ce_z.jpg

3. Mute Swam (Cygnus olor)
5543015367_11a489356c_z.jpg

4. Mute Swam (Cygnus olor)
5543943297_cb0e9fa097_z.jpg

i like #2 and 3, 2 especially (love the ripples in the water)

Most reactions

Back