Bit of advice needed selling 2 lens and 1 body

saufend

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I am getting fed up with Gumtree. I have been trying to sell 3 items (body and 2 lens) on there for the past week, however all I have had are emails from Nigerian scammers trying to get me to send the items and they pay with paypal – so they can chargeback when I have sent it I guess or something. One said they’d do bank transfer which would have been perfect however they sent some email from the “bank” saying to send a tracking number before funds would be released! Like I will fall for that one!!!

I know I am new on here, and that is why I have not posted them for sale in the for sale section on here as I know many people would be wary plus i probably would not be allowed to anyway, however does anybody have any tips to sell on gumtree? Or how to sell the items?

I can’t sell on eBay as you need a credit card to sell on there and all I have is a basic bank card so can’t even get an account to sell but I can to buy!

I have tried to put on the advert that if they are from Nigeria not to even bother emailing but they say they are from USA or something and then at the very end say to post to Nigeria, which is wasting my time.

The whole point of gumtree is to get a face to face meet to do the deal in cash which is perfect for me yet so far all I have had are those scammers. ARGH!!!!

Thanks

Sorry about my rant but any advice would be fantastic.

Gumtree must be your version of what we call Craigslist, but you should have one of those over there too.

You cannot stop the scammers, they probably don't even read the listings, they call what you are selling an item and do not mention it by whatever it is, because they never read the listing to see what you are selling.

All they want to do is cheat you when you fall for their line of crap.

Another recent scam over here, you get an email stating their sympathy for your poor financial situation, how you are having to sell your stuff (they don't consider that maybe you WANT to sell it) and their brother-in-law or someone was in the same situation, now makes $60 million bucks a week...lol

All you have to do is to click on a link - they probably get paid when you click on it, and bots probably do most of the work.

Here's wishing to EACH ONE of those scammers and spammers a slow and painful death.

Hi, Yeah that's the same as craiglist over here. Its a joke tbh. I know you can't eliminate all scammers but you'd think they could ban those Nigerian IP addresses to stop them from trying! I mean, Gumtree isn't in Nigeria so why do they need to access it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back