Black Water Falls

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back in May I had a chance go get out and get some pictures of some waterfalls in West Virginia and Maryland. Typically I like to scout out a place first but considering both locations were 3.5 hours away from me, that was impossible, so all I had to go on was web sites. The first falls of the morning Blackwater Falls it was nice and overcast through most of the day, but started raining as we got to Swallow and Muddy Creek Falls. I missed the Lower Swallow falls because I didn't have the gear to protect me or my equipment. Here are just a few of from each falls I did capture. C&C Welcome

Blackwater falls is a very rocky and rough area. There is a wooden path/bridge built for you and that's pretty much all you get as it's to steep of a drop to leave the path. This makes it rather difficult to try and frame/crop your pictures on how you want. You just have to do the best you can with what you got.

1. Black Water Falls -Every time I tried to take a picture here, the wind would start to blow. Hence why all the greenery looks fuzzy.

DSC_0019 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

2.Black Water Falls

DSC_0076_7_8 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

3.Blackwater Falls

DSC_0066 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back