Blood Red Moon !!

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Michigan right now is eclipsed by full cloud cover and snow.
But that does not deter the few, that have the "right" equipment for these situations.

I am one of the lucky ones that own a Nikon d600. Few know, that ONLY this model has a cloud penetrating photo feature.
I used this feature to take a few photos of a Blood Red Moon eclipse.
Enjoy !!

$DSC_3610a.jpg

and with a longer exposure
$DSC_3609a.jpg

Why does it look more like Mars than the moon? :wink:

Why does it look more like Mars than the moon? :wink:
I'm quite sure it's the Moon.
I took it down off the wall just for this occasion !!

that's a pretty good photo of mars

It's 'da moon.
one of those that you hang on the wall and use a remote to turn it on and off !!
'cept I used a red gel on a light to get it red !!

ain't nuttin' but rainning cats and cows here right now and soon to be snow.

It's 'da moon.
one of those that you hang on the wall and use a remote to turn it on and off !!

well that makes even less sense. if you already have a photo of it, and it lights up real cool and everything. why you keep talking about taking another one?

It's 'da moon.

well that makes even less sense. if you already have a photo of it, and it lights up real cool and everything. why you keep talking about taking another one?
huh? It lights up real cool in white .... thought I would make a red one for tonights' occasion with the cloud cover and all ...

It's 'da moon.

huh? It lights up real cool in white .... thought I would make a red one for tonights' occasion with the cloud cover and all ...
The moon was supposed to turn red tonight? didn't even know. heard we had a eclipse coming. didn't know it was changing colors. Thanks. i don't think i have much cloud cover here ill go look.

The moon was supposed to turn red tonight? didn't even know. heard we had a eclipse coming. didn't know it was changing colors. Thanks. i don't think i have much cloud cover here ill go look.

Yup supposed to be tomorrow night
NASA: 'Blood moon' to be overnight spectacle | Technology - Home

that's like three hours away. 3 a.m. ill probably be sleeping. i just went out and took a photo of it now. close enough. lol

View attachment 71245

Trying to stay awake until 2:06am local...................... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Most reactions

New Topics

Back