bloody cold out today

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my website is err hmm who knows? its not there anymore, no emails no message as to why just gone. half a million hits, 1000s of photos gone

so these are hosted on the bucket so i dont know how well they will look colour wise or compression wise but anyway...

Barn Owl

_AJC0392.jpg

_AJC0405.jpg

_AJC0410.jpg

Snowy Owl (made the cold trip worth doing)
_AJC0660.jpg

_AJC0679.jpg

my website is err hmm who knows? its not there anymore, no emails no message as to why just gone. half a million hits, 1000s of photos gone
shock.gif
OMG!!!! Surely it's some glitch that will be corrected/!!!

Flipping fantastic pictures, LP. Beautiful shots of the barn owl, and the starkness of the landscape where the snowy is perched looks almost surreal. Love it.

I think the snowy heard the buzz of your shutter and spotted you in the second shot ;)
Love the 3rd barn owl shot!

I hope you get your website back up and running as well

shock.gif
OMG!!!! Surely it's some glitch that will be corrected/!!!

Flipping fantastic pictures, LP. Beautiful shots of the barn owl, and the starkness of the landscape where the snowy is perched looks almost surreal. Love it.

I hope so, i know there have been some comms issues in that area but its been down since friday

I think the snowy heard the buzz of your shutter and spotted you in the second shot ;)
Love the 3rd barn owl shot!

I hope you get your website back up and running as well

cheers

Great shots. Can you share a little about how you took them?

not a lot to tell really, it was so cold and dark for most of the time, forgot me gloves so could feel me fingers as it was about -3 outside, that the lens was left pretty much wide open.

Had AF problems so kept switching from servo to one stop, new camera so not used to it yet so the autofocus custom functions were a bit all over the place and I was struggling to keep the camera still as I was shivering so much.

ISO was about 400-800.

Shutter speeds were about 400th to 2000th of a sec I think, EXIF should be in the pics but I'm not sure if the bucket removes them.

Lens was a 300mm F2.8

Camera was my new one ;-)

and the bacon baguette was nice

Some great shots...Yet to see any Snowys around here...heard of a few though.

so...What is this new camera of yours anyway?

Thanks for the info, yes the EXIF is there. How do you like that lens? Too much money for me. I'm looking to pick up something but want to stay under $1500.

Were you in a blind? How far away were the owls?

LOL, I forgot my gloves a couple weeks ago and thought the tripod was going to freeze to my hands by the time I got back to the truck.

ooh he got a Canon EOS-1D Mark III :)
flashy camera!
and canon L is very cold to hold!

Your website could be down because you went over your servers bandwith having half a million hits so maybe your server has been shut down by your provider. I would check with the the company that hosts your website and find out whats up. Good luck with it and great photos!

cheers everyone

its not use my website that is down, its everyones on that site. would guess about 50000+ people

MissMia said:
Great as usual LP! I love the shots of the snowy owl. Hope your website is back up soon!

many thanks and it has returned from the great void it was in

bumping for Chris ;-)

Most reactions

Back