Hmm. Thought you were looking for C&C. My bad. But, we're all here to improve in some way.
I understand composition is only somewhat achievable in shooting wildlife. If you look at my photostream, one of the things I've been working on in the past couple weeks is composition on the fly. I especially like
this one and think it shows improvement. Sometimes it's about patience more than anything.
I took the liberty to do a little editing on the last shot.
First I raised the black toward white to brighten up the photo a little. Then upped the contrast with the upper left part. Somebody actually explain what this does, I have no idea, it just works. Curves and levels are basically the same thing, or at least you get the same results.
Then I ran an unsharp mask on it to get some more definition in the eye and feathers on the breast.
And this is the finished result. It's noisy, but this was a down and dirty edit with little data to go on. If I had the original file, I could probably do more. And I'm not even very good at this.
If you shoot in RAW it's amazing what you can save.
Again, I'm sorry if I overstepped here, it's just that I'm becoming pretty passionate about birding and critiquing other people's work allows me to look at my own work more critically.
As for trashing a lot of pics, the three orioles at the top of my photo stream are three of 220 I took that afternoon. And two of the three are pretty iffy in my mind.