Blue Eyed Girl

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this last night in the shade while the sun was setting. All I did was crop the photo and slightly adjust the overall color to be more correct. What do you think about it?

EXIF
Exposure Time - 1/250 sec
Shutter Speed - 1/251 sec
F-Stop - f/3.50
Focal Length - 11.3 mm
No flash was used.

3573644887_839f1bd475.jpg

I think the selective colour is ruining it for me. Maybe colour instead? Or a different, film-like treatment like tin-type?

I don't think its creepy at all. Its a beautiful young lady and its a nice shot. But I will say as a general rule of thumb I don't get excited about selective color. So I don't like it, but I almost never do. I'd ask your family and friends to get a final decision. Maybe show them a full color, B&W, and then this one. See what they think, cause they'll be the ones who will see it up on your wall or whatever.

I like it, but the blue looks a little too light.

I really like the color version. Not crazy about selective color, not just with this, but with most any shot. Her expression is very strong in the color version, and I think the selective color detracts from it.

Thank you for the comments. I like selective coloring but I see how the colored version looks better.

Great photo. I have to agree with most here that I like it in full color best. I like being able to see the pink cheeks and lips and the color on her top really helps. You captured a great expression and her eyes are crisp and spot on! The catchlights are great. Nothing really to criticize. Nice job.

Thank you. One of the reasons I put in black and white it because the mom thought the top was little distracting. However, I agree that it looks better in color. :)

Anyone else?

i would go B&W and play with levels and contrast...maybe even some grain or something?

I'd go play with the sliders for the B&W pic, it just seems rather even toned to my eye. Also, I don't mind selective color shots, but I am on the fence with it here. It brings out some creep factor. Her beautiful blues stand out well enough in the color shot.

Nice idea, but I think the b/w portion of the image needs a lot more contrast...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back