I dont understand what was confusing. Even though my first two were not what they should have been, i completely understood the assignment. I just couldnt get my imagination to cooperate!
I think maybe everyone got more hung up on trying to shoot lines, that they almost forgot about how important the abstract part was......That happened to me. I even kept going back and reading the assignment to remind myself of just what i was trying to accomplish. I was taking pictures of everything i could find that had more than just a straight line....It was only after i uploaded them and started trying to pick the ones i liked best that i would realize they were not abstract at all.
Now for C&C...your original entires were just what they were (again, just like my first two).
The second two i actually really like. They may not be as abstract as they need to be, but i like how you tried to capture different types of lines and not just straight, round, or angled lines. We can tell that you were at least working in the right direction to a certain extent. I would guess you kept asking yourself "what would be less boring"....And i think the second two are great improvements!
#1 is distracting in the background because of the blurry bright colors. I think if they werent so bright it would work a little better. But i do love the round lines.
#2 is simple to a certain degree..but at least you got some lines that we dont see every where we look. And i like the reflections.
Both are pretty much centered....im not sure if that counts off or not with this assignment. Im happy with things being centered so thats something im trying to break myself from doing..Therefore, i notice it more!
And even though i think you cheated (heehee)..Its good to see that you went back and tried again. I think thats important here. When we see how we can improve, we should go for it!