Blue

$DSC_0582.JPG

blue wall!

Since I was told this was a decently composed but horribly edited photo because it looks like a 60s photo scanned in and not auto color corrected. And it's just horrible because it's to blue. I figured this was the perfect place to put it. :)

I desire to say things I shouldn't.

Attachments

• $image-1916749891.jpg
    $image-1916749891.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 148
Just warm the white balance up and it will look better.

It has a very wintry feel to it. If that's the effect you were shooting for, it's very successful. I get the impression that it was fairly dark at the time, which may have allowed you to more easily get that long shutter speed. Not all images "require" color temperature correction to what it would look like under more common circumstances. You're the artist. You choose the parameters. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to look at it.

I wouldn't take to heart the disparaging comments that are sometimes made on forums such as this. When I see that someone has made an uncharitable comment, I frequently click on that person's user name and choose "view all forum posts." I try to see what images that person has been posting. All too often that commenter has posted relatively few images, or the images show that the commenter really shouldn't be criticizing at all! It's not uncommon to find a hypercritical commentator with hundreds of posts, and not one image. Now, R3d isn't one of those. His images speak for themselves.

Yeah I was going for the wintry, cold feeling. When I shot this one. It was completely dark on my walk back. I had to use my AF illuminator to walk back to the street.

Blue Gums... was a dull day with nice reflections

Attachments

• $BlueGums.jpg
    $BlueGums.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 151
Interesting shot John, what's going on there?

Most reactions

Back