What's new

Blues and greens

caledonia84

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2011
Messages
48
Reaction score
5
Location
Glasgow
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6359993929_2847e18a34_z.jpg
 
I like the scene, very calm but I don't like the crop.
 
thanks Trever, not cropped i'm afraid just poor framing on my part
 
Over all I really like the composition, especially the strong foreground with the rowboat. I would have widened the shot up to include the whole boat by shooting it as a landscape rather then a portrait. Then the boat becomes the focal point of the picture. If you can go back and retake it, I'm sure it would be well worth it.
 
I liked it before I scrolled down to see the boat, which kind of brought it into being a cliche; I feel that these overtly leading compositions are a bit stale and predictable. However, the colors are just fantastic, and you've handled contrast and saturation exceptionally well.
 
I bit more zoom out could have included the whole boat within...
Even if the boat was included only upto half, the composition would have been better..... in spite of these the image is really wonderful, colorful and inviting....

Regards :D
 
Many thanks for the pointers here, always appreciated, have to agree on this being a bit of a cliche I usally make an effort to take shots of more unusual things. wont be heading back here for a while, took this while on a 25 mile hike, my feet hurt just looking at it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom