Body Island Light

pkirchner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had to lay on my back a look straight up into the stairwell to get this shot. cc welcome. Kinda reminded me of a sea shell. Pete

Attachments

• $body island light 1 resized.jpg
    $body island light 1 resized.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 105
love it. great shot

That's a nice shot. Forgive me, but I'm a little confused. Is that the Bodie lighthouse and if so, is it now open?

Actually, I think this might have been a stronger shot without the black solid edge to the right of the frame. The focal point is (to me) too centered. Had you shifted the center of the top of the stairs to the upper right quadrant of the frame (observing the rule of thirds) it seems you would have included more of the graduating curvature of the rail and emphasise the nautilus (sea shell) shape.

Excellent effort, though. Kudos for getting on your back and changing your perspective and the point of view.

JT

That's a nice shot. Forgive me, but I'm a little confused. Is that the Bodie lighthouse and if so, is it now open?

Yes, it is the same place. The origional spelling is Body Island as there was a shipweck and the bodies washed up on this island according to popular lore. A lot of folks now spell it Bodie. No it is not open, but a conservation/restoration project is supposted to be in the works. Pete

Actually, I think this might have been a stronger shot without the black solid edge to the right of the frame. The focal point is (to me) too centered. Had you shifted the center of the top of the stairs to the upper right quadrant of the frame (observing the rule of thirds) it seems you would have included more of the graduating curvature of the rail and emphasise the nautilus (sea shell) shape.

Excellent effort, though. Kudos for getting on your back and changing your perspective and the point of view.

JT

Thanks, I am always looking for a different point of view, sometimes ya gotta get dirty. Getting the whole thing in was my origional intent, but even with my 10-20mm sigma I could not get the perspective I wanted. Also there was a hole in the floor where the oil well or clock works was, kind of a difficult location to get to. So I settled for this. Really needed a fish eye. Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back