Book recommendations?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recommend a good instructional photography book? I've read a couple of beginner books and am looking for something that covers more advanced methods and post-processing.

I saw Digital Photography Masterclass by Tom Ang at Borders today and it looked decent. Has anyone read it? Is it any good? Is there another "must read" book?

Thanks

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, I meant book, not bok.

Get the book. Any new technique learned will be worth many times the price of the book.

Besides one book won't cut it for everything anyway.

I have a full size book shelf unit right next to my image editing workstation (client speak for computer) crammed with books on photography and image editing. It's not unusual for me to reference several different books daily and I usually have one on my nightstand I read a bit from every night before I go to sleep.

Yesterday, I ordered "The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes " by Joe McNally and "Photoshop CS4 Down & Dirty Tricks" by Scott Kelby, the Photoshop guru. I already know how to use off camrera flash but I'm sure Joe will give me some new ideas. I new idea alone will be worth 20 times the price of the book.

For PP it's good to get a book specific to your image editing software. Since I use Adobe products I tend to the authors Scott Kelby, Martin Evening and Tim Grey.

I saw Digital Photography Masterclass by Tom Ang at Borders today and it looked decent. Has anyone read it? Is it any good?
I haven't read it yet, but it's recommended on a number of other forums. Supposed to be very good.

I just started reading "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman, another book that's recommended a lot on other photography forums. It's pretty good so far.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just found this awesome book today. It has the coolest pics I've ever seen. It really gave me some good ideas. I highly recommend you check it out. Either looks through it at the store or buy it, its for sure worth the 35.00. Its called Street World: Urban Culture and Art from Five Continents. The ISBN is 9780810994386.

There are lots, but one classic that's especially worth picking up is Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back