What's new

Boredom inspired

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
30
Location
Southwest Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I was getting acquainted with my new dslr and trying some of the manual features and playing around with some old manual focus lenses. I came up with this and wondered what you thought. This is 2 forks intertwined and a toothpick going through both of them which will then balance on a head of another toothpick (or in this case a skewer).
Techincal details: ISO 200, f/4, shutter 1/3", 45mm focal length. Not sure if I needed a slightly wider aperture to get the tines on the other fork in focus, or if it was being moved slightly by the breeze of the a/c.

Anyway, here it is.
IMGP0258a.jpg
 
Very cool shot. It really impresses me when people can take every day objects, arrange them and photograph them and have them look interesting.

Maybe I'm just biased because you use a pentax :)
 
The significance of the toothpick is to make a fulcrum which rests upon the skewer thus allowing the forks to balance upon the head of the skewer. Here's another pic as it came out of the camera.

IMGP0258.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom