Borough Market

Gnc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first photo in this forum been surfing the forum for a long time never been brave enough to put 1 for scrutiny but here it goes.. I like Street photo the most and this is a try at it. Here u go comments and critics are welcome
ymadezav.jpg

I think this would be pretty special if the people were not there. They hurt the composition.

I like it, and I know the place very well, it's become a sort of Mecca for photo-students and street shooters since the 1990s, in that part of Bankside. I think the best couple of rolls of film I ever shot, making street pictures, were taken inside the food market there in 1999, using an ME Super, with a 24mm prime and 28-70 zoom. It was for a magazine, and the traders, stall holders and cooks etc let me make lots of close-in, candid pictures. I used a monopod with a ball head, partly collapsed and rigged-up in a portable way so I could move around quickly with it. The pictures were tack sharp; I don't recall which colour films though.

There used to be a nice stencil grafitto adjacent to Neal's Yard: "This is not a photo opportunity" :)

To my eye this is something of a "record" shot. Meaning there is nothing particularly special about it. If you go back, try to find some interesting compositions there. It is fine that there are shoppers there, just need to get them in the picture more.

Thanks for the kind words. mind that I'm a noob just in love with photography. I got really pretty photos this trip in Camden market too. This was the first time that I had the guts to go in the streets with my nikon d5100 and 35mm 1.8 lens and snap people so all advice from u guys will be very welcome Tks. (sorry for bad English I'm Portuguese)

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back