boston HDR

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey this is my first attempt at doing this and ive done it wrong but just wondering if you guys/gals could give me pointers. thanks! C&C!

SKYSCAPE.jpg

church_HDR.jpg

I like the first one but it seems a little washed out?

yeah i was doing it wrong. i was messing with the f stop and shutter speed instead of doing to the +3 -3 way. i need to try it again. :(

Hail, fellow bostonian! I take that picture of the skyline from the courthouse all the time... about 50 steps to the right of where you were. :lol:

Neither of these really look much like HDRs per se... what was your process? They also look... fuzzy.

I hope you don't mind me posting my own, but by way of comparison, here are some of my shots of that area...

First a normal one...

Boston%20Early%20Evening%20and%20Night%20-%20Financial%20District%20Area%20-%20043%20TPF.jpg

Then an HDR...

Boston%20Early%20Evening%20and%20Night%20-%20Financial%20District%20Area%20-%20HDR%20-%20Pass%202.jpg

damnnnnn! those look really nice! and yeah there was one of the tall ships in the way. i started to walk that way to take photographs but one of the engineers got off the boat to talk to me and took me and my buddies for a little private tour on the boat. it was awesome but back to the point. i was playing with the exposure times i guess then the other way my friend was doing it with the +5 -5 way. sorry i dont know the term for it. and the lens im using is a wide angle and i dont think its a great one. i get a lot of light issues with it at night. any pointers that you can give me to help me out with this?

Thanks for the daaaaaaaamn... lol.

Exposure times are the way to go. Adjusting aperature will screw the image up pretty bad. I assume you were also working off a tripod, yes? How many exposures did you take and what range? Generally you want to take exposures from where the brightest element in the scene is properly exposed to where the darkest element is... and then merge them.

Also, what tool are you using to create the HDR?

Thanks for the daaaaaaaamn... lol.

Exposure times are the way to go. Adjusting aperature will screw the image up pretty bad. I assume you were also working off a tripod, yes? How many exposures did you take and what range? Generally you want to take exposures from where the brightest element in the scene is properly exposed to where the darkest element is... and then merge them.

Also, what tool are you using to create the HDR?
Hey Chris, what do you use for HDR? Or where to find a (free if possible) program... I would love to try it sometime.

I use Photomatix. I don't personally know of a free app that does it, but others may.

your welcome, i was using photomatix, and i was working off a tripod, is that bad to? i merged three and they had big changes between them.

Nope, tripod is good. Are you using a remote shutter release or pushing the shutter release button on the camera?

a remote but sometime i was using like a 15 to 30 second exposure.

what type of lens were using in those photographs?

Most reactions

Back