Boudoir shoot *Safe for all eyes* C&C Welcome

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Before you look keep in mind...

The clothing was the client's choice (I would have gone with something a little more "boudoir")

These were for his husband so please don't say they aren't masculine enough or anything, he didn't want them to be.

Thanks for any C&C!

DSC_16201.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1636.jpg

DSC_1613.jpg

DSC_1612.jpg

To be honest, I think most of these are pretty soft focus wise. I think you would have benefited with more light. Watch your ISO settings, as the last image has a lot of noise, more than I'd care to show a client.

I like #2 and #4. Not so sure about the processing on #1. In #3, the lighting doesn't really do anything other than detract, with the shadow on the left side of his face. #5, not so sure about the mouth. In #2, the left hand kinda comes out from no where and it may be better if you got a little more of the left armpit (many gay men find exposed armpits a very sexy thing). In #4, perhaps the bathrobe(?) could be open a bit more?

Edited to add: I just noticed the noise - I didn't have my monitor brightness turned up high enough. There's a fair amount of color noise. What was the ISO? Or maybe you just posted compressed JPGs?

I think the poses are interesting, as are the way the shadows fall on the subject, but I agree with the above posters that the focus is a bit soft on most of the images. Also, the last couple photos seem to have a bit of a blue cast to them.

I like #2 and #4. Not so sure about the processing on #1. In #3, the lighting doesn't really do anything other than detract, with the shadow on the left side of his face. #5, not so sure about the mouth. In #2, the left hand kinda comes out from no where and it may be better if you got a little more of the left armpit (many gay men find exposed armpits a very sexy thing). In #4, perhaps the bathrobe(?) could be open a bit more?

Edited to add: I just noticed the noise - I didn't have my monitor brightness turned up high enough. There's a fair amount of color noise. What was the ISO? Or maybe you just posted compressed JPGs?

I had to use 1000 ISO. The lighting that I used was 1 flourescent light stand with umbrella. Would have been 2 but one of my bulbs exploded when I turned the light on. For some reason I just couldn't seem to get it to expose well unless I put the shutter on one second or more and he couldn't stay still lol. I do notice the noise, I have tried to use noise ninja but can't seem to figure it out.

I am not really sure what else I can do to get crisp shots when in low light. If the ISO goes up over 600 on this camera I get a disgusting amount of noise, but I need a tripod and really long shutter speed to try and get the right amount of exposure. I have a wedding coming up and need to get practice in low light settings just in case!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

My C&C would be invest in some professional camera equipment and really study photography and lighting....alot :D

My C&C would be invest in some professional camera equipment and really study photography and lighting....alot :D

Oh if only I could afford the equipment. Unfortunately that will not be in the cards for years so I have to make do with what I have.

I think the topmost shots could benefit from a shallow depth of field. It would really help add some interest and focus to the images. I feel your lighting could be improved. For the top three it feels too dark for the subject matter. 'Dark' as in gothic or eerie. The last two the lighting feels a little unflattering. They are not bad pictures, but they all feel 30% off from where they should be. Whether that be the pose or framing or lighting. I also think this type of photography needs to be retouched and show the client in the best possible way. Good luck.

I do "Dudeior" from time to time, and I agree with Kkamin that you would benefit from a shallower depth.
However, it's the light in these that are bugging me.
There are shadows where there shouldn't be. And there isn't enough light on the good stuff.
With boudior/dudeior you want to have a kind of Hollywood rim lighting if you are trying to show dark curves.
The focus is also soft on more than a few. Prolly because you were shooting in a dark situation.
Anyhoo, keep working at it. Grow Grow Grow!

Most reactions

Back