Bought 60D, still with in return period...go for 7D?

SensePhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Read a lot of reviews; watched video comparisons but still wanted to know what my fellow photoforum members think. The number one reason why i got 60D in the first place is because i do a lot of video filming and wanted DSLR with 1080p for a long time. Rode video mic and other accessories are being being shipped as we speak. 7D would be another $400 is it worth it? I want a camera that i will use for years and would have enough to offer as i get more advanced with photography.Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

There is one feature off the top of my head that you would like better in the 60D, and thats the ability to manually control your audio gain in video mode. There's no such controls in the 7D yet. They may include it in a future firmware update, but who knows. Also, the tilty flip screen is very handy and convenient for shooting video, since you aren't hindered to only watching it from the back.

Other than that though, the 7D is a much better camera IF you plan on utilizing the things it offers. Shooting portaits and landscapes aren't going to justify the price difference, but shooting low light, fast action might. Improved AF modes, better viewfinder, more rugged build, weather sealing, better erganomics and controls (60D ditches the joystick in favor of an odd round D-pad within dial) are just a few things. I know I reach for my 7D every time, but I don't shoot video at all. It all depends on what you want and need out of a camera.

There is one feature off the top of my head that you would like better in the 60D, and thats the ability to manually control your audio gain in video mode. There's no such controls in the 7D yet. They may include it in a future firmware update, but who knows. Also, the tilty flip screen is very handy and convenient for shooting video, since you aren't hindered to only watching it from the back.

Other than that though, the 7D is a much better camera IF you plan on utilizing the things it offers. Shooting portaits and landscapes aren't going to justify the price difference, but shooting low light, fast action might. Improved AF modes, better viewfinder, more rugged build, weather sealing, better erganomics and controls (60D ditches the joystick in favor of an odd round D-pad within dial) are just a few things. I know I reach for my 7D every time, but I don't shoot video at all. It all depends on what you want and need out of a camera.

ya i cant stand that d-pad. hmmm i could probably live with out the swivel screen and i do like the fact that its a magnesium weather resistant body. One thing that would disappoint me is no SD card, it makes it so much easier to import media with sd card slot on the macbook...plus i already spent $250 for a class10 32gb card....decisions decisions.

Ah. For me, the SD is a major DOWN side to the 60D since I already have four CF cards already (2x 4GB, 2x 8GB).

Most reactions

Back