Box of folders

Hey, no tempting ... :fangs:

... hmm, technically I shouldn't be in the Collectors Forum as I don't keep the stuff I fix.

Are the bellows still serviceable on those and if not do you make replacements yourself ? I have the father in law's Kodak 616, like new with leather case except for a bellows reduced to little strips of cardboard.

I have not taken a close look at most of these cameras ... right now I am trying to figure out the shutter problem on the TK Frank.
Bellows, that is something I have not ventured into replacing ... most of the bellows cameras I have encountered have passed the flashlight test ... though one of these folders I just got has a lot of electrical tape on it.

Patching holes in bellows can be pretty easy if they are otherwise in good condition.
Mamiya

Oooooh, I like that one. I only had to see one side of it to start drooling on the keyboard, thanks for showing me a picture of the whole camera!

@vintagesnaps ... I got around to do some cleaning today on the Six-16. It cleaned up real nice. The lens is in great condition, no scratches or haze. Aperture working, and amazingly the shutter speeds sound like they should. The bellows ... well, the top corners are worn so much light leaking there.

Kodak Six-16 Art Deco
by Dennis, on Flickr

It is so nice that most people of that era were incapable of just throwing away their older stuff.

Most reactions

Back