Breakwater Lighthouse - Lewes, DE

FollowYourPath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2B18A59A-698F-423E-8257-48E45DA7A918.jpeg
Hello! New photographer here! Looking forward to meeting people and improving my photography.
This is the Lighthouse at Lewes (The Breakwater)

Last edited:
Welcome. Solid B&W, with good contrast and interesting composition. Only nit I have is the overly dark Vignetting. Reducing that or possibly changing it to white would IMO improve the image.

Welcome. Solid B&W, with good contrast and interesting composition. Only nit I have is the overly heavy Vignetting.
Hello! Thank you very much! I do appreciate your note on vignetting. Sometimes, less is more! I’ve attached one with just a very tiny bit.

Attachments

• 47EF1949-96E3-4E16-BA01-FEBB79119DB2.jpeg
    47EF1949-96E3-4E16-BA01-FEBB79119DB2.jpeg
    917.5 KB · Views: 20
Nice subject and shot. Love the shadow of the stairs.

What hurts this image in my opinion is the sky. The stark white is tough for me to un-see and is a distraction. I like the treatment of the lighthouse with the exception of the areas where the shadows are blacked out at the top and bottom. Others have complimented the contrast so maybe it's just me, but I feel like a bit more detail in the shadows would have helped as well.

A nice image overall.

Nice subject and shot. Love the shadow of the stairs.

What hurts this image in my opinion is the sky. The stark white is tough for me to un-see and is a distraction. I like the treatment of the lighthouse with the exception of the areas where the shadows are blacked out at the top and bottom. Others have complimented the contrast so maybe it's just me, but I feel like a bit more detail in the shadows would have helped as well.

A nice image overall.
Thank you very much for your input! I will definitely look at it again and try for some enhancements.

Meant more as something to keep in mind for future shots. Not much one can do about the sky ;)

Most reactions

Back