Broadstairs, Kent, UK

freelunch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrydavis.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Broadstairs is a nice little English seaside town. Charles Dickens used to visit Broadstairs and wrote much of David Copperfield in Bleak House, which overlooks the sea. There is a Dickens Festival every June with much Victorian dress on display.

On a sunny day, the town is close enough to us that we can hop on the bike for a quick run down and dip our toes in the sea. Here are a few shots I took when I was still using an SLR. The film processor burned a CD for me when the prints were made. The quality is not great.

#1. The town shot from the pier.
01.jpg

#2. They built a square tidal pool that gets refilled at each high tide. These kids are crabbing.
02.jpg

#3.
03.jpg

#4. The Punch & Judy shows still draw a crowd.
04.jpg

#5.
05.jpg

It's a really nice day out.

I used to go crabbing when I was a kid, but in Morecambe - reminds of that.

They are also a bit reminiscent of Martin Parrs Last Resort but with less garish colours - I like the big kid in the punch and judy audience :D.

What an entertaining set of pics! So much to see! Donkey rides, crabbing, vendors, Punch & Judy etc etc. 1 and 4 are my faves. Thanks for sharing these!

tempra: I saw an exhibition of Martin Parr's work at the Barbican a few years ago. Garish is the word! But, quite wonderful images. Is iconic the word?

Antarctican: You're welcome! I'm pleased you enjoyed the shots.

Most reactions

Back