Anonymous said:
Hey,
I know this seems to be taboo on here to ask people how they are doing post processing, but I really like the look of the picture you posted of the crumbled house (). I was just wondering what you do for post processing to get that look; that is if you care to share.
Thank you for any insight,
Anonymous
I think explaining what can be complex processes becomes tedious. I've learned what I do by developing procedures to emulate the effects I admire in others photos with minimal questions- I'd hate to explain every shot to everyone. That being said, I don't mind every now and again. Today can be a rare occasion
Key on this shot is low iso (lo-1 nikon, iso approx ~64). Daylight, cloudy lighting allowed just one exposure to be adequate.
Slight level and curve adjustment on the sky. Some burning right side.
Use layer masks to lighten far shed with levels, and adjust saturation on all the lumber. Adjust curves on lumber. Dodge highlights on dead bush. Burn shadows into grass on right. Slight burn to accentuate shadows on flowers. Mask everything but sky to smart sharpen 99% and radius of 1. Save- resize, merge layers, duplicate background, sharpen, erase sky, merge and save to upload.
Not always taboo, just a pain in the ass to explain. Sometimes it's like laying rubber in front of the high school and being long gone before anyone can look under the hood. Some things are easier learned by individual trial and error.
Took about an hour to process and about 25 minutes to explain.
-Best
A.