Bronx Zoo

sambrody44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the Bronx Zoo and brought my camera.

3552198412_ab8b04d2de_b.jpg

3552197778_28d223c75d_b.jpg

3551383769_89e6b6a6e2_b.jpg

3551342695_abfcd22a16_b.jpg

3551343371_4e8b9101b2_b.jpg

The bright sun out wasn't your friend for these, I'm afraid to point out...

The light was the most even for the panther photo, though that one's now a bit on the flat side (a bit "milky", too).

The little monkeys look cute backlit as they are, as their fur sort of "glows", but the highlights are too high in all the pics where you got sunlit backgrounds. The gorilla photo could have been the most impressive of the bunch, if not his face had become so dark against the bright-bright background...

yea i agree the sun did affect it a bit but i think the monkey suits it the best.
clear.gif

The light was the most even for the panther photo, though that one's now a bit on the flat side (a bit "milky", too).

The little monkeys look cute backlit as they are, as their fur sort of "glows", but the highlights are too high in all the pics where you got sunlit backgrounds. The gorilla photo could have been the most impressive of the bunch, if not his face had become so dark against the bright-bright background...

Yes I agree, I tried to make the best of the sun but unfortunately there was no way to avoid it, they don't open until 10am. The Panther photo was in fact, taken inside, but the glass I was shooting through was not conducive for a good photo.

I still do like the photos although I agree they are not the best they could be. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviving the dead!

Finally got my hands on Lightroom and redid the Gorilla shot.

$lightroom-3910.jpg

The white tiger is kind of cool.. the way the eyes picked up all the green , and match the surroundings! A tighter crop on that might rock....

what ya think?

$3551383769_89e6b6a6e2_b.jpg

I definitely like the tighter crop. I want to put that through the post processing paces again, see if I cant recover some of the blown out highlights.

Did you see the Madagascar exhibit while you were there? My uncle built the habitats for that... Made all the fake stuff look real. Now he's working at the San Antonio zoo I believe.

The Bronx Zoo...my mom and dad used to take me there when I was like less than 10 years old...it was the best place on earth.

I despise zoos...

I really like the picture of the tiger, and the gorilla one is a classic, though technically it is not really working.
I enjoyed the set, thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back