Bubba J. in 3D

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bubba J. just likes to sit around watching tv and drinking beer. The first pair were shot with available light and everything is ok. The second pair were shot using built-in flash. As the camera moved laterally for the second shot the flash moved with it causing the shadows created to become more a part of Bubba than as actual shadows. Something to consider when shooting with flash.

j9rbl2.jpg

qzojzr.jpg

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to look at these or something?

I mean, I know how a stereo camera works and all that, I've just never really gotten how to make it look 3D...

Whatever it is, I can't do it... Help, lol. Maybe I just need a few more beers...

Cool effect. That is a beautiful chair by the way.

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to look at these or something?

I mean, I know how a stereo camera works and all that, I've just never really gotten how to make it look 3D...

Whatever it is, I can't do it... Help, lol. Maybe I just need a few more beers...

I kind of cross my eyes until I see 3 images and then concentrate on the center one.

I assume you're supposed to cross your eyes or whatever to make the two images overlap... I can't get that to happen no matter how I look at it.

Is there an optimal viewing distance for this? Depending on the size, probably - but is there a rule of thumb or something?

I keep trying, and I can't make it happen...

I'll try later tonight, after I've had more to drink. My eye crossing skills might improve then.

Ok, I can (temporarily) see three images, but none of them are anywhere near 'in focus'.

This whole experience has kind of made me hope that the whole 3D movie thing is a fad that will go away soon.

If I get nice and drunk tonight, I might try to 'see it' again, but I'm not really expecting anything different.

Is there a way to combine them so that you can look at them in focus and without crossing your eyes?

Looking at the 2D version, I'm not really sure if the 3D version is a 'must see' anyway...

Be about 24" from the monitor. Look at the centre line then cross your eyes. As they cross the line will become two and the more you cross your eyes the further apart they will move until a complete 3D image is formed from the original 2 images. Your brain should lock on the 3D image and it is seen, very sharp and clear. Dont tilt your head as it should be straight to the line.

Open invitation to everyone who looks at this thread. Please, just state whether you can or cannot see the 3D images. There are various methods to post 3D images. One is with Red, Blue glasses. Another uses a viewer and another method is this one, the cross-eyed method. I use it because it doesnt take any special equipment. Just cross your eyes and let your brain do the rest.

Here is shot of the group KIZZ.

x3h1mr.jpg

And if you are a Bobba Fett fan....

o5sw0g.jpg

Finally, a neighborly view....

2zptgyc.jpg

Last edited:
:irked: Damnit... I still can't do it, lol.

I'll give it another try later on. Maybe my eyes are just tired from being at the computer for most of the day.

^^^
OK, Now that's kinda cool.

Works for me.... but now im dizzy lmao

There has to be a better way to do this... I can see it, but it takes way too much effort. Plus I had just gotten rid of this *%&$ headache and now it's back!!

Have they made a digital version of the viewmaster yet?

Last edited:
I don't think I'm able to cross my eyes... I can 'look through' it - focusing on some point beyond my monitor, but no matter what I do - I can't get it to show up in 3D and in focus. I tried doing it the way you described, bynx. But I just can't seem to do it.

No matter how I do it, it's not in focus.

The link burgo posted was pretty cool though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back