What's new

Buddhist temple in Bagan, Myanmar

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Buddhist temple in Bagan, Myanmar




12413-BKKTempBKKTempDSC_0130-Edit.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
That particular one wasn't open but many others were.

This statue was from Japan and was installed about 900 years ago

12413-Buddha-sits-and-waitsBagTem.jpg



This was a wall decoration of indeterminate age.

12413-BagTempDSC_0158.jpg
 
I appreciate these pics !! Thank you for sharing!
 
nice Traveler ... (and I thought that temple was in Burma ...)

Beautiful country with some very nice people ... too bad it's all messed up with that junta business.

Gary
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
(and I thought that temple was in Burma ...)
Gary

The appropriate name for the country is sort of up in the air. Burma was the name 'assigned' to it during the British colonial period and Myanmar is the name associated with the subsequent military governments.

Some people believe that calling it Myanmar assigns some credence to the rule of the military govt. I have no idea which is the ultimately 'correct' name.

Lew
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom