Budget Film Scanner? Epson V600?

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I'm thinking about getting my own film scanner, like the Epson V600 or something instead of having the place that processes my film scanning it. I figure over time scanning my own film will save me some money and also have the ability to scan at a higher quality.

Thoughts on this idea? Recommendations?

That is a good scanner. However, a dedicated scanner for 135, if you shoot that primarily, will be better served.

Seems like getting the more expensive model like the Epson V800 would be worth saving for, I do plan on shooting medium format 120 film.

Last edited:
Get a Micro Nikkor 40/2.8g and dslr scan, especially 120.

Seems like getting the more expensive model like the Epson V800 would be worth saving for, I do plan on shooting medium format 120 film.

The V800 is no better than the V600 -- same guts.

Joe

The V600 scans medium format film as well as 35mm. You can see samples of both on my FLickr site. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Thank you very much for providing samples of your work using the equipment that I was looking at, seems like it was working well for you. Maybe I will reconsider it.

Most reactions

Back