building C&C

i like it. No direct building being pointed out and that is what I like about photos sometimes just let your eyes bounce around that is a beautiful blue sky also

Are we in the HDR-Discussion Forum? No. Beginners'. OK. But this looks like HDR, is it? It is very saturated! More colourful than I would expect NYC to be, even though I had the pleasure to see it on very bright, sunny days (but with a snow storm approaching, leading to zero visibility, while on top of ESB...), and yet my impression was not of SUCH colours.

Is that outside Macy's?

The over saturation detracts from the shot for me, plus its little difficult to discern the subject. Are you showing me a building..are you showing me the sky...etc? Maybe re framing on the building that made you want to shoot this image right on a 1/3rds intersection and frame it a little more prominently.

I do like the shot though, it's an attractive picture.

Thanks for the input guys. It's a few blocks from the empire state building. A block away from B&H. I took this right after I bought a new lens. I was playing with some color pop layers,,, yeah it was a very sunny colorful day but I brought out the blues in the sky. I didn't want there to be a framed subject. I just liked the angle and how the various buildings looked against the beautiful lines the clouds made in the sky

Kofman
I did a smilar shot after leaving B&H a few weeks ago.
Maybe next time get past the tree and it will be a little easier to see the ESB.
Nice shot though....maybe we will run across one another in The City.

Kofman
I did a smilar shot after leaving B&H a few weeks ago.
Maybe next time get past the tree and it will be a little easier to see the ESB.
Nice shot though....maybe we will run across one another in The City.

Thanks. My point actually was not to get the ESB. Maybe we will, now that I have something wider than portrait lens I wanna do more architecture/sky shots

Now all you need to do is learn how to approach correcting the wicked perspective distortion. ;)

What do you mean Keith? Sorry I'm still learning

What do you mean Keith? Sorry I'm still learning
The buildings doesn't really lean in at the top like in the photo.

When you tilt the camera up, most lenses deliver perspective distortion like that. They make special lenses to correct that at the camera.

PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED from Nikon

But it can also be corrected to a degree with image editing software.

In Photoshop CS the Crop tool has a "perspective" option.

Yes, that's the one thing I do miss in my old, very old, PS version (6.0), as that still did not offer the possibility to correct perspective distortion, so - since I don't have any special lenses for that, either - I must continue to live with it...

Most reactions

Back