Bulk Loader (Stop and Start?)

NPBob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Newbie bulkloader.

Just picked up some expired bulk film (Kodak High Speed Negative Safety Film, 35mm, asa 250, 100ft, no date).

Question: I want to load just a few cassettes for testing.

Can I load just a few cassettes, place the film back in the can, seal it, and do the rest another time?

This would free up my bulk loader for other projects while I figure out if I want to continue with the rest of the roll.

I've googled this but no one seems to be addressing this particular question.

Thanks!

You can place and remove bulk roll of film in and from bulk loader at will. Just make sure is done in the dark and avoid scratches. That's all.

Roger that timor. Great to know it's doable. Thanks!

Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem to take the film out of the loader. Mine never stays in it long enough to worry about it though. I'll usually load up the entire 100' roll right when I get it.

I'll usually do 4 or so 12 exposure rolls for testing, then 36 exposure rolls for the rest. If it's a film I've already done all the testing I wanted to on, I'll skip the 12 exp rolls and just go for as many 36 exp rolls as I can get out of it. Usually about 18 rolls.

Yes, I'm sure somewhere down the line several bulk loaders are in my future. For now though, even at $10.00 a throw, I need to dedicate available money to reloadable cassettes and to film itself.

Again, yes, I'm sure several loaders is where this will eventually wind up.

Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem to take the film out of the loader. Mine never stays in it long enough to worry about it though. I'll usually load up the entire 100' roll right when I get it.

I'll usually do 4 or so 12 exposure rolls for testing, then 36 exposure rolls for the rest. If it's a film I've already done all the testing I wanted to on, I'll skip the 12 exp rolls and just go for as many 36 exp rolls as I can get out of it. Usually about 18 rolls.

Thanks Josh.

Absolutely. When the pieces start coming together I'm sure I'll get to a similar rhythm with bulk loading. First steps right now though! Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back