What's new

Burmese mist (c/c welcome)

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
c/c welcome but no edits, please

morningmist_07976110661-2-Edit.jpg
 
Last edited:
Very gloomy feel to it. I like the mist on the foreground
 
Hmm, that would be interesting if there were flaming buildings with the mist.

Yes, indeed. It would be even more awesome if an alien space craft were touching down at precisely the intersection of the left-most rule-of-thirds vertical line in the image.Yeah, that would be great.,
 
Clearly, it's the quality of responses that makes posting here so worthwhile.


Well, what makes it worthwhile is having such dedicated members that,some of them at least, would go so far as to make sure buildings were burned down in order to make a better landscape, so as to please other forum members. I mean, man, that's dedication!
 
I've looked at this a few times now and although I think it's a very good image (or I wouldn't have looked more than once) there is something bothering me. I don't mind the wires or buildings because they are essential elements, along with the trees. What appears to be bothering me is that I don't find the foreground colors pleasing or essential. This is probably the way it looked, but I always thought reality in photographs was overrated. My inclination would be either to partially desaturate the foreground or to convert the whole thing to a black & white, and to deepen the dark areas some in either case. On a more trivial level, it looks a little tilted.
 
I see what you mean. I don't mind the prominence of the lines (the ones in the foreground actually seem less so), but it does seem to have lost some of the ethereal quality it had - so much for my suggestions, I guess.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom