What's new

Business End

johnhwyman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Location
Dublin, OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
business end.jpg
 
Eh? :scratch:

What does this mean?
What am I looking at. What do I see? Plane, of sorts, but why can we look inside. And where is the landing gear, how can it land?
 
What you're looking at is a fighter jet, the F22 Raptor, with its weapon doors open. In there could be a combination of bombs, missiles, or both.
 
your picture is nice but that is a jet, and i think it is not related with business right?
 
Depends what you mean... For the military... That is the side that they do business with!
 
"...from the business end of my shotgun."

It means from the part that could potentially hurt you. ;)
 
Gathering of Mustangs and Legends, Rickenbacker Air Field, June 2007
 
Awesome capture!
Now, for those that don't know what they are looking at...You are one of the few to see this and still be able to talk about it. :mrgreen: This is definitely the "business end" of this "Raptor". I am curious how low it was, how fast it was traveling, and what you used to take this shot. As a former ATC I really appreciate these shots and look forward to seeing more. Great job and thanks for sharing!

~EDIT~ I see it was a D200 and it was ISO 100 at F8 and 200mm
but I still don't know how fast or how far :)
 
It was a slow fly-by I'd guess around 150K and about 400 feet away, altitude 300 feet
 
where's the batteries?
 
Eh? :scratch:

What does this mean?
What am I looking at. What do I see? Plane, of sorts, but why can we look inside. And where is the landing gear, how can it land?

As Kittyy said, it's a play on the phrase. in this instance to see an F-22 raptor with it's wepon doors open means something is about to die, although with the weapons bay empty it looses a little, but this is not the fault of the photographer but a safty precaution.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom