Butterflies and Beaches

It is good to number your shots.... 1(photo) 2(photo) so they are easy to reference. It looks like you are trying to put your subject in the center of the photo. Look-up information on the rule of thirds.

4,5, and 7 are nice. I don't like the others because you are trying to center the main subject in the center of the shot.

I like the orange of the butterfly against the yellow of the flower...it makes for a lovely contrast. I really like #3 (the closest shot of the butterfly, and that graceful curve of the plant), but would like it even more if you cropped some off the left, so the butterfly isn't so central. Shot #4 is another fave...love the low point of view you chose.

The butterfly is a bit centred, as has been mentioned ... even after the photo has been taken a bit of "creative cropping" can still push the subject a bit off centre ... looks more interesting, no matter if it really is a "rule" or not: with some subjects it just does. Play with the frames and find out what you like best.

My favourite of the butterfly photos is the third one. The butterfly looks a little backlit in that one, which I like a lot. If that were my pic, I'd crop out a bit of sky from above (just so much that the flower on which there is the butterfly stays intact and untouched by the cropping), and in from the right to remove the tiny bit of yellow flower on that side of the frame. See what I mean?

The beach photos need to be straightened. Now they look like your water will soon round out of the frame ;).

The seagull against the dramatic sky is nice ... again I would crop that one so the gull is a bit more on the left with room on the right for it to fly into...

Thanks for the feedback...I'll try cropping and see what happens. I wans't even thinking of the centering..where I live, you never get a butterfly in it's natural enviornment to sit still long enough to get a photo, LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back