keystervr6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
still a noob, please C&C..

2771734245_37133da373.jpg

Great shot!
I mean it this is a very good macro shot - what did you take it with?
I think if you are looking for impovements they are going to be in composition - the background is well blurred, but rather dull in colour, whilst there are out of focus leaves in the foreground that are a little distracting.
From the angle you have shot I don't think you can get a better depth of field - with the wings open and a side angle it will be very hard to get a depth of field to cross the full width - an overhead shot is good for getting the wings in full - though then you would have lost that great angel on the head!

Good work!

Nice Shot of the Gulf Fritillary! I agree with Overread though, the unfocused, blurred leaves are a little distracting and I dont think you could have gotten directly behind to shoot, but if you could, it would have been a little better.

thanks for the comments. i shot it with my new Nikon D40 w/ kit lens.

i'll keep all your suggestions in mind as i keep learning

Very nice macro shot, especially for using the kit (non-macro) lens. I agree with everyone else with emphasis on the composition improvement. A tad to the lef for focus onthe wings or a tad to the rght for focus on the face would do wonders. Great shot though. Looking forward to seeing more.

Mark

thanks for the suggestions, i would have moved to get a better angle of the butterfly but it would fly away at the slightest movement...i work better with still life :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back