Buy a Nikon, get a Tamron, what a deal.

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well, my Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 BOX, BAG, and Manual arrived today. Was missing it's warranty card.

Biggest kicker was a Tamron 15-30 lens was inside the Nikon bag. And it was clearly a used Tamron 15-30 lens. I suspect someone bought the Tamron, probably grey market. Then bought the Nikon 14-24 and returned the Nikon box with the tamron inside it. Then got the full Nikon refund. Thus saving about $800 and keeping the Nikon lens. I would wager the Tamron is even a grey market one.

What get's me is Amazon fully knowing it was a returned item. Sent it to me as a new item. And they clearly saw a lens inside and just accepted the return. Then sent it on to me!

Amazon is sending me another one by Wed. I am going to UPS now to send back the Tamkon lens.

Wow! That's like ordering a Jeep Renegade and ending up with a Fiat. Oh, wait. :D

WTF!!! Such a story of deception! I've had one similar instance, in which I bought a refurbished lens, and inside the box was a higher-value,more-desirable lens.

Ok, I actually got a Nikon lens in a Nikon box today. So, far working good.

WTF!!! Such a story of deception! I've had one similar instance, in which I bought a refurbished lens, and inside the box was a higher-value,more-desirable lens.

That mistake sure favors you!

Most reactions

Back