buying older music

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Anyone know of anywhere over here where you can buy old(ish) cd's on the cheap? By old I mean stuff which isn't in the charts any more. Maybe a year old, maybe ten. I've been picking a few up from eBay for the last few months but they don't always have what I want and the rare stuff always goes for a bomb. I went into Woolworths and looked at their CD section and they're still charging full price for albums which are a few years old! So I popped along to WHSmith. They're always good and sometimes you can pick up some stuff for next to nothing.
So, any good sites or shops that sell cheap CD's? Not bothered is they're used. As long as they're not scratched and the stuff with comes with them is in good condition. I may have to pop along to Tower Records one day. I assume they're still going. :scratch:

Amazon Marketplace might be worth a shot - works a bit like ebay, check the ratings of the seller before you buy. Amazon deal with the money and provide a guarantee of sorts too.

Definitely check out GEMM. Look it up on google, they also have sites for books and DVDs. It's a bit confusing to work with, but the prices are good. I would second Amazon, they carry everything and then some.

Hmm I've got no idea... I reckon you're on the right track looking in WHsmith. or maybe a target/kmart-like shop. It's surprising what you can find in there sometimes.

Or just contact the CD distributor direct. It might take 1 or 2 weeks to get the CD but you should be able to get it.

Most reactions

Back