What's new

C&C: Desaturated garden angel thing

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
657
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Look, Manaheim, I shoot angels too :lmao:

This is from our garden. I felt like shooting something, but wasn't in the mood to go far. So I thought I'd challenge myself to get a good shot from our garden. I ended up liking this one. What do you think?


Engledrit by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr


Thanks for watching :)
 
I was hoping the angel would be the natural resting place :/
 
My Suggestion.
 

Attachments

  • $garden-2-Edit.webp
    $garden-2-Edit.webp
    135.8 KB · Views: 144
What exactly did you do? Slight crop and lightened a little and sharpened?
 
Slight crop from the right to put the angel at the 1/3 point and I selected the angel, lightened and popped the contrast. The difference is subtle.
 
I like it, it pops a little more.
 
Here's another one, a little closer, still shot with Tokina 11-16/2.8:


Engledrit 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

I just hate I cut the top of the lamp!! Only in our garden, though, I can always reshoot :)
 
I like a lot about this image, but the thing that is glaring to me, is the rock opposite the figure. It really throws the balance off to the left. Also the image is rather divided in half horizontally because of those two elements.

4e7cecd5.jpg



Dirty iPad cloning...

8912b081.jpg
 
So true, BJ. Easily removable in our garden, though. Reshoot tomorrow. I just hope it's overcast..

Thanks for your views, bitter!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom