Photos OK to edit
too much saturation?

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

007.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

i would be happy with any c&c, good or bad.... i need the help.

#1 is definitely too saturated. the background is a little busy as well. i'm not sure where the skater's shadow is at on the ground... seems to be missing maybe??

#2 i think this one is the strongest of the bunch because of the composition. some better lighting would make this photo excellent.

#3 same as #2 really... good composition but the lighting isn't as great as it could be.

#4 doesn't seem focused on the skater. the lighting is good here, except it looks like your flash fired and it would look better with the flash off... which may require a reflector so that his face isn't dark. the background is too busy here.

#5 pretty much the same as #4 except the focus seems better. i like the focal length on this one :)

#6 also like the focal length used here. again this would be stronger if the lighting were better and the background less distracting.

sorry if i sounded too harsh, i don't mean to! i think you are off to a great start. this is a subject i haven't seen a whole lot of, so it's very interesting :) you did a great job with "freezing" the skaters in motion. i wouldn't be sure how to get a less distracting background in this type of situation... it's not an easy thing to do, i'm sure! i would suggest studying off-camera flash for this type of photography. i think it will really help with the lighting in your night shots. good job, keep it up!! :)

oh and p.s...

for the off-camera flash i suggested, there are lots of websites out there to learn about this and many that give tips on do-it-yourself lighting :) here are some links:

Five Great Flash Techniques To Improve Your Photography Light | DIYPhotography.net

Strobist: Lighting 101

heck you can even try flashlights! get a couple and have your friends hold them while you take shots :) I really don't know a whole lot about lighting because I am totally new to all of this as well, but that's what I think would help a lot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back