C&C- Kiddos

taraj_00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there. I'm pretty new to the forum still, and pretty much a newbie to photography (well, more than a P&S). I shot this of the kids the other day, and I'm sure there are lots of things I can do better, so I figured this was the place to get comments from! I know a reflector would help, but I was taking advantage of a few minutes without a crying baby or an 8 yr old with attitude, and didn't have time to improvise one (maybe I should just get something, eh?)

I did a bit of editing, nothing super technical- mostly just experimenting with the software (PSP X2 Ultimate)

Thanks in advance!

DSC_0049-1.jpg

Oh, and I know his knee is cut off--- that's why they're my kids :D I can torture them again later when I feel like trying again!

Cute kids. :)

Overall, focus looks soft.

I don't like that the patio roof trim is going through his head. Next time, maybe don't face them towards the sun because they're eyes are squinting and that can ruin a picture. Is your baby girl naturally very pink? She looks really magenta or red and your son appears green maybe. I could be wrong. There seems to be a lot of color casts on their faces from the clothing (blue on his chin and pinks/blues on her face).

I do see what you're saying about the color casts... unfortunately we're pale people and it happens! Until I get much better at editing, I'm not sure there's much I can do about that (well, lighter colored clothes!)

I tried a warming filter to help with it being washed out...

DSC_0049edit-1-1.jpg

Oh, and I know his knee is cut off--- that's why they're my kids :D I can torture them again later when I feel like trying again!
:lol: i like the way you think!

I like the photo, your edited version looks pretty good too. I think desaturation will set a nice mood to the photo also, but thats MO. I think the background is a little distracting too.

;)

My baby is very pale and I found that open shade or backlighting work best for him as far as color casts. It would also help with the parts of the photo that seem to be really bright, or blown possibly. I do this a lot too, trying to learn my way around it :)

Most reactions

Back