C&C my photos please?

Eton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a noob who's been stalking around this site for a while and have learned what I can, these photos are my favorite from my photo class. These were all taken by a Sony Cybershot with little to no editing on photoshop. Sorry if they're a little big >.<
snowrocks.jpg

spiral.jpg

woodtunnel.jpg

DSC00364-1.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

I like the last two the best - #4's horizon is off to the left and the flaring from the streetlight is quite annoying and distracting - but like you said, it's a point and shoot.

I think #5 would have benefitted from the macro setting to get at least some of the ice crystals in focus.

I also enjoy #3, too. The composition is good and I love the perspective - my initial reaction was it was a hallway, but after a second or two I can tell it's some 4x4s. I like it.

You should look into a DSLR though!

Any BTW, you're lucky you have snow. It's going to be December soon and we haven't seen even a first frost here. It's leaving me a little uneasy :\

Haha, Colorado is a great state for weather, we get all four seasons every month :D Do you have any suggestions for a cheaper dslr? I've been wanting to get one, but it takes me so long to save up any amount of cash >.<

I really like one and three, great photos, idk why, just love the composition and angles included in them, cant write much as im sick and tired, but yea.

Maybe try for an xti kit? I read today there is a d40 with kit lens for 375 on a website refurbished, need to look it up, tell me if youre interested and ill delve into it for you.

I have a D40 and love it. I'm working towards a D90 right now.

25420B Nikon D40 6.1 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera 3X Zoom Kit Outfit, with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor Lens - Refurbished by Nikon U.S.A. is a D40 with 18-55mm kit for $375. Refurbished by Nikon so you know everything is good to go on it. That's right around what I paid for my kit refurb.

The only thing about the D40, D3000 and (I think) D5000 is that they don't have any autofocus motor in the body. So if you want to autofocus, you have to buy AF-S or AF-I lenses, which are a little pricier and not quite as extensive of a selection.

Don't get me wrong; the D40 is a great camera. There's a thread around here somewhere with only pictures taken with a D40 in it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back