C&C My Site, please

No prob :) I mean like, I usually use Save for web, and theres a little box that says to embed sRGB that I check, for my internet stuff.

No prob :) I mean like, I usually use Save for web, and theres a little box that says to embed sRGB that I check, for my internet stuff.

i shot raw - adobe rgb - post process in cs5 and convert it to working srgb
should i be doing something different

should i chage the setting on the camera to be srgb - think so?

can i see some of our work so i can compare

I don't know that you can see it on the image? I have a couple threads, I can go dig 'em up.

The Adobe RGB, sRGB, white balance, and picture style settings (saturation, sharpening, contrast, etc) on the camera have no affect on the Raw image file.

The photo (and histogram) the camera shows on the rear LCD when you shoot Raw is a JPEG Basic thumbnail, not the Raw image. but, the color space, and picture style settings are applied to that JPEG Basic the camera shows you.

The Adobe RGB, sRGB, white balance, and picture style settings (saturation, sharpening, contrast, etc) on the camera have no affect on the Raw image file.

The photo (and histogram) the camera shows on the rear LCD when you shoot Raw is a JPEG Basic thumbnail, not the Raw image. but, the color space, and picture style settings are applied to that JPEG Basic the camera shows you.

trying to follow. what should i do different?

trying to follow. what should i do different?

Forget about your website, you need to work on your photography.
^This.

Specifically, forget about photochop for the time being, because what you are doing, like MLeeK said, is completely destroying photographs. Your "processing" is at best cheesy, and at worse ugly. Learn about the elements of design and beginning composition. After you've mastered those, move on to proper exposure and white balance (as in, SOOC). Once you know how to properly use your camera and compose a pleasing photo, move on to post work.

Your copy needs to be edited differently. At least you didn't use comic sans. Since you've disabled cut/paste I'll just put down a couple of examples.

In "What to expect", under the photo shoot what exactly did you mean by suggesting your clients "...- ALWAYS feel free to churn in your opinon"? Is that an error?

Also your excessive use of ... to end a sentence is both distracting and off putting. Once, perhaps. Twice? FOUR times in one paragraph...

The Pricing Page is worse. White writing on Black is distracting. Inconsistent use of white border simply looks half-assed.

Under specials you simply have the word 'Consider'. As in...consider somone else?

Under the 'little bit about me', your inconsistent use of a period is distracting. You are going to either use them or not. Don't switch between formats in the same page. And you suggest that the client 'forget I'm there, and interact'. Well which one do you want? Interaction or forget about you?

Needs work. Hope you get things going. Your pictures are nice, but the presentation format of your website leaves much to be desired.

Copy/Paste is not disabled. Those are actually pictures on the "what to expect" and “sessions/pricing" pages.
Getting totally away from the quality of your work for a moment... Never, and I mean NEVER use an image when you can use text. If you ever want your page found by search engines, such as Google, you MUST have text for the engine to catalog. It is the verbiage that is on your site that will get your site high enough on the list to get listed. If you use images instead of text, you will never get out of the bottom 1000 and no one will every scroll down that many pages for a Google search.

Your copy needs to be edited differently. At least you didn't use comic sans. Since you've disabled cut/paste I'll just put down a couple of examples.

In "What to expect", under the photo shoot what exactly did you mean by suggesting your clients "...- ALWAYS feel free to churn in your opinon"? Is that an error?

Also your excessive use of ... to end a sentence is both distracting and off putting. Once, perhaps. Twice? FOUR times in one paragraph...

The Pricing Page is worse. White writing on Black is distracting. Inconsistent use of white border simply looks half-assed.

Under specials you simply have the word 'Consider'. As in...consider somone else?

Under the 'little bit about me', your inconsistent use of a period is distracting. You are going to either use them or not. Don't switch between formats in the same page. And you suggest that the client 'forget I'm there, and interact'. Well which one do you want? Interaction or forget about you?

Needs work. Hope you get things going. Your pictures are nice, but the presentation format of your website leaves much to be desired.

Copy/Paste is not disabled. Those are actually pictures on the "what to expect" and “sessions/pricing" pages.
Getting totally away from the quality of your work for a moment... Never, and I mean NEVER use an image when you can use text. If you ever want your page found by search engines, such as Google, you MUST have text for the engine to catalog. It is the verbiage that is on your site that will get your site high enough on the list to get listed. If you use images instead of text, you will never get out of the bottom 1000 and no one will every scroll down that many pages for a Google search.

again - one more reason i love this forum

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Most reactions

Back