C&C my wild life shots (Gorrillas, meerkats, and more...)

ArA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for looking!
IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2858-2.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

I love #3 but it would be better is the top of his head wasn't chopped off.

That first bird ... erm ... yes, he's of the kind (as to his looks) that makes you think "Only a mother can love this face" :D. Sharp photo ... unfortunately too little headroom for his pretty (cough-cough) head. ;)

The parrot is VERY colourful. Focus on the eye, good. Too little headroom ... erm: NO headroom for him AT ALL. Awww :(.

Meerkat and deer lack in focus, or focus is on the nose, not the eyes. Gorilla photo was taken in unfavourable light, his eyes don't spark, look all black and hollow, but I know that flash is not allowed as not to spook the animals, only here fill flash would have been helpful.

As to the photo of the child petting the deer ... that deer's head looks like it doesn't belong into the photo. Somehow... don't know why. Is it its size? It's blurriness. Can't tell. But that photo looks kind of "wrong".

Some diverse and interesting compositions here. Although #2 seems a bit off like mentioned above. Many of these lack any point of focus. I especially like #3 I just wish the eyes were in sharp focus. Unfortunately you can't do much about the lighting, you just gotta use what is available. Try going on a bit of an overcast day or early morning to avoid the harsh shadows. Good start :thumbup:

I assume these were in a zoo?
1- the beak is in focus and I think you should have the eye in focus. The composition isnt too interesting, he is very tight in the frame

2- Looks like you missed the focus and got the deer's fur behind his head in focus. The blurryness kind of breaks the image.

3- Lovely colours and good composition but again, the missed focus really kills it

Actually, I find pretty all the shots have missed focus and ok compositions. If anything, they seem a bit tight in the frame, you might want to zoom out just a little bit.

That first bird ... erm ... yes, he's of the kind (as to his looks) that makes you think "Only a mother can love this face" :D. Sharp photo ... unfortunately too little headroom for his pretty (cough-cough) head. ;)

The parrot is VERY colourful. Focus on the eye, good. Too little headroom ... erm: NO headroom for him AT ALL. Awww :(.

Meerkat and deer lack in focus, or focus is on the nose, not the eyes. Gorilla photo was taken in unfavourable light, his eyes don't spark, look all black and hollow, but I know that flash is not allowed as not to spook the animals, only here fill flash would have been helpful.

As to the photo of the child petting the deer ... that deer's head looks like it doesn't belong into the photo. Somehow... don't know why. Is it its size? It's blurriness. Can't tell. But that photo looks kind of "wrong".

Yea, I feel ya, that first bird is a beast! You think I should leave more headroom there? Cause I think I cropped it that way, so I can go back and fix that.

I agree with the parrot, it does need more headroom, unfortunately I shot it like that...

As far as the deer, I should have focused on the eyes?

Thanks for your critique.

I assume these were in a zoo?
1- the beak is in focus and I think you should have the eye in focus. The composition isnt too interesting, he is very tight in the frame

2- Looks like you missed the focus and got the deer's fur behind his head in focus. The blurryness kind of breaks the image.

3- Lovely colours and good composition but again, the missed focus really kills it

Actually, I find pretty all the shots have missed focus and ok compositions. If anything, they seem a bit tight in the frame, you might want to zoom out just a little bit.

You are saying that the beak is in focus in the first shot? Cause I am not seeing it that way.?

I did miss the focus with the deer, I will have to check the others photos from this set, to see if i have any others with better focus.

For the parrot I wanted the focus on the eye, with very little depth of field, and I was happy with the result, other than the lack of head room.

Thanks for your time and critique!

Some diverse and interesting compositions here. Although #2 seems a bit off like mentioned above. Many of these lack any point of focus. I especially like #3 I just wish the eyes were in sharp focus. Unfortunately you can't do much about the lighting, you just gotta use what is available. Try going on a bit of an overcast day or early morning to avoid the harsh shadows. Good start :thumbup:

Thank you. I had gotten there at about 10:00 a.m. and I really enjoyed the lighting, then midday came, and things changed. haha.

What would you recommend for sharper points of focus?

Thank you!

Might want to check your gear / lenses as I am seriously not seeing that parrot in focus anywhere. Or maybe I should go get my eyes checked?

Well, getting one's eyes checked might be a good idea for everyone ;) ;) ;) (got my appointment for 3 June ... being one and a half years overdue - cough-cough).

Out of the photos, the parrot is still the sharpest, but to my mind it has traces of camera shake. And yes, now that you've mentioned it several times, also I see that the eye is NOT totally sharp. The feathers closest to the beak might be, if it weren't for those traces of shake... but all in all it is a very COLOURFUL photo, and I like that. I think I photographed a very similar lori (I guess it is a lori) in January !?!?

Might want to check your gear / lenses as I am seriously not seeing that parrot in focus anywhere. Or maybe I should go get my eyes checked?

Ahh, I thought you were talking about the first bird photo, not the parrot. Yea, I wish the eye was the main point of focus, something I will have to remember next time I shoot. I was close though. haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back