indioli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.indioliphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bonsoir!

I'm working on my B&W conversions and I#m never happy with the outcome, I never seem to get it right!
Any C&C would be greatly appriciated.
These have only been edited to B&W then some adjustments in the tone curve. I contemplated increasing clarity slightly?

1)
OLBW-1.jpg

OLBW-2.jpg

OLBW-3.jpg

What program do you use?

Contrast might help some. If your working in photoshop a soft light blending mode adds some contrast.

What exactly don't you like about them? I wouldn't add anymore clarity at least not for the first one. Did you edit the colored versions first? Usually, the black and white conversion will come out decent if the color version has had exposure fixed and whatever else needs working on. I don't think they are all that bad.

Last edited:
These were done in Lightroom, but I also have photoshop, so will experiment with the soft light blending mode.
Do you think the images need more contrast? If so, which tones/areas would you suggest?

They just don't seem to have the 'punch' that some B&W images have. The exposure was fine on the original images. Maybe it's just because it's my work I can't see it objectively, but I'm sure there's room for improvement... just not sure what else to do... :/

ps.. thanks for your reply

I brought a copy of the pictures into photoshop and played with the soft light blending mode. You'd have to lower the opacity quite a bit so it doesn't look too contrasty.

I would just try playing around with the black and white sliders more to see if you can get it to where you want it to be.

I'm doing it firstly to try to work on my focus at a shallow DoF.
I'm also working on correcting my exposures in low lighting without use of a flash. I was limited with SS because I was taking photo's of fast moving toddlers.

:lmao:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back