C&C on my sunset please

heres an example potrays the same sunset and reflections, but has so much more mood and feel to it. The framing and colour make it more aprealing

st-lucia-champagne-sunset-cruise.jpg

i didnt take this i just google sunset.

Any shot can be improved so long as someone thinks they can do better. However, if the OP's intent was to shoot the sunset, he got it - dead on. As I said, adding elements to the photo no longer makes it a picture of a sunset, but of something else entirely.

Where you see a lack of mood, I see an endless ocean with a slowly retreating sun as the only compass point.

With the picture you posted, I personally like the OP's better. It is simpler, cleaner. But the two photos are going for two vastly different aesthetics.

And the majority of photographs you see on the internet aren't going into any magazines. What difference does that make?

haha ill buy your points. I guess your right they would be great for like the family album or something. I love how poeple can get such different things from a photo though. either way keep shootin OP.

well its different when shoooting a sun rise/set, rather than another subject, such as your son where the sun overpowers everything else and is almost blinding, but that you all for the advice i greatly appreciate it

I think you did a really good job capturing it, i especially like #1

thanks guys! i have asked for the Canon 18-200mm for christmas so i will be able to get some better shots to full the frame with actual clouds and sun and warmer colors an not have it look like a wide angle shot every time!

Can you post your camera settings? It looks like you were shooting with a tight aperature to get the starburst effect on the sun which I really like. I would have underexposed them a little more, but that's JMO. I like my sunsets a little darker. Nice work on them though. :)

just did some editing in flickr to see how it would look darkened, but did i over-do that saturation and warming of the colors?

before:
3094467382_361afaed01.jpg

after:
3100311107_236af66f77.jpg

yea i hear ya, everyone always says to shoot sun rises/sets underexposed 1 stop, all the originals were even, so i wanted to see what they looked like darker but i think it looks too edited and fake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back