c&c photos I entered in a contest

JbleezyJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jflophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I entered 8 photos of mine into a photography contest. I would like some c&c although it is too late to make any changed and edits since I already submitted. Just would like your thoughts on them. There is no theme for the contest.
Aboveitall.jpg

FallSemester.jpg

Flylikeabee.jpg

Hypnotized.jpg

Jean.jpg

Thespeedoflight.jpg

TheStare.jpg

twowheeltherapy.jpg

I hope I at least become a finalist in this contest and I'll have an image published! Thats my goal really. Well let me know what you think or if I wasted 4 bucks per photo to enter this contest. Thanks.

#6 is your best shot, and #8 a distant second. Should have saved your money on the rest.

The light post doesn't look completely straight to me. I could be wrong though. That was just the first thing that I noticed when I looked at it.

I think if you had shot #2 at an angle it would look more crisp (seeing the profile of some of the drops). As is, it just looks sort of soft because they are in front of the leaf.

Yeh now that I think of it the leaf would have looked cool at a slight angle. oh well I'll be happy if just one photo makes it as a finalist.

I prefer #7 but it needed to be cropped to portrait & perfectly centered.

Thanks I was always sad when looking at this picture with my composition I was just snapping thinking the opportunity wouldn't be there for long. I should have shot it portrait style getting more of the flower and stuff.

I like some of these, others are just snapshots. 6 and 8 do seem to be your best, although I feel like you could have done a lot more with the tree and got rid of some of that dead space (get closer to your object)
Number one just doesn't have anything going on for it.. Just a bunch of unused space IMO. I don't want to say you wasted four bucks like the other poster, but I can promise you it won't be a finalist.. Learn from it. You'll grow. Good luck with your contest!

Most reactions

Back